JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2
JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2 is an ARM core processors’ JTAG using USB 2.0 bus to connect to PC. The device is based on FTDI FT232H chip. Designs goals of JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2 project were to create a small and cheap, but at the same time fully functional and fast, interface that would fit various needs.
Thanks to USB bus the device can be connectedto
any PC on the market – it would not be possible with parallel interface
(LPT), which is completely obsolete nowadays. Use of more recent
standard – USB 2.0 – allows to increase speed of operation by 30 – 270%
when compared to USB 1.x.
Maximum frequency of JTAG interface’s clock is 30MHz and it is also possible to use RTCK mode (so called Adaptive Clocking, in which clock frequency adapts itself dynamically to target chip’s clock, using feedback connection). Use of advanced CPLD chip – Lattice’s ispMACH 4000ZE series – as line buffers allows connecting target devices with wide range of supply voltage – from 1.4V to 3.6V. Inputs of the interface tolerate voltage higher than supply voltage (up to 5.5V), so it’s possible to use 5V target chips under additional conditions (more information in manual).
Additionally JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2 supports communication with target chip via new SWD (Serial Wire Debug) interface, which uses only two lines – bidirectional data line SWDIO and clock SWCLK.
JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2 interface can be used to program other types of target chips, such as FPGA, CPLD, AVR or MIPS.
JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2 is partially compatible with KT-LINK interface manufactured by KrisTech, thus in many applications it is possible to use existing configurations instead of creating them manually.
JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2 interface has separate SRST and TRST lines, which can be independently configured to push-pull or open-drain mode.
“Strong points” of JTAG-lock-pick Tiny 2 project
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 480Mbps bus,
- support for SWD (Serial Wire Debug) interface,
- JTAG clock frequency up to 30MHz, support for Adaptive Clocking using RTCK line,
- safe and reliable communication with target devices with supply voltage in the range from 1.4V up to 3.6V, inputs tolerate up to 5.5V signals, all lines buffered with advanced CPLD chip,
- separate SRST and TRST lines, which can be independently configured to push-pull or open-drain mode,
- transparent heat-shrink tube “enclosure”, which protects JTAG, connected PC and target device from accidental damage,
- small size of whole device (approximate dimensions 55mm x 34mm x 12mm) and small price
0 of 0 reviews