COVID-19 NOTE: While the sysmocom webshop continues to operate, there are massive disruptions in terms of world-wide delivery of mail and goods. See our FAQ for more details
Osmocom icE1usb - dual-port E1 interface for USB
The icE1usb is a dual-port E1 adapter with a USB interface. It can be used to attach to circuit-switched primary-rate E1 circuits used in traditional/legacy telecom environments.
Today, E1 circuits can primarily be found in the context of cellular networks; whether to carry A-bis back-haul, Gb over Frame Relay, A over TDM interfaces or any classic circuit SS7 signaling.
Those few other E1 adapters available on the market are typically PCI / PCIe cards, which constrains their usage to larger servers with the appropriate slots. Contrary to that, icE1usb connects via USB to the computer, allowing for use cases like
- E1 attached to a Laptop computer
- E1 attached to embedded Single Board Computers like for example Beagleboard, Raspberry Pi, Intel NUC or any other platform with a USB host controller.
Open Source Hardware
The icE1usb is 100% Open Source Hardware (OSHW). This includes
- mechanical cad files
- schematics, circuit board layout, bill of materials
- Verilog/HDL sources for the gateware
- C source code for the firmware running on the PicoRV32 softcore in the FPGA
- C source code for the (Linux) drivers on the host computer
- product page
- data sheet
- schematics in PDF format
- wiki / bug tracker
- osmo-e1d host software
- icE1usb USB E1 interface
- USB-C to USB-A cable
NOTE: There is no GPS antenna included; any standard active GPS Antenna with male SMA connector and 3.3V bias voltage should work.
Discounts available for the open source developer and hobbyist community.