This is v2 of the SIM tracing and remote-SIM capable break-out board for M.2 (NGFF) type cellular / WWAN modems, such as modern LTE/LTE-A and 5G modems.
It allows you to insert a M.2 modem of 3042 and 3052 size types from any vendor, and it will provide you with:
- micro USB B 3 socket for connection of modem to a USB Host (like your PC/Laptop or Embedded System)
- mini USB B socket for connection of on-board SAM3S controller to a USB host
- 5V - 12V DC input for power supply (USB supply usually insufficient for a modem)
- PCM/I2S M.2 pins on a 2.54mm break-out header
- SIM card slot for a 2FF-sized SIM, USIM or RUIM card
- Jumpers to control PERST, W_DIS and GPS_DIS lines of modem
- on-board SAM3S microcontroller for SIMtrace and cardem / remote SIM operation
The board is basically a combination of the ngff-breakout board with a SIMtrace2 board.
Particularly the break-out header is useful to get access to various signals exported in a non-standard fashion by some modem models, such as digital audio PCM.
The product does not include an AC/DC power supply nor SIM cards or a M.2/NGFF modem. Please see below product links should you want a power supply and/or USB cable included:
You can find more information about this open hardware project at https://projects.osmocom.org/projects/ngff-cardem/wiki/Wiki
- sysmocom product page
- Data Sheet (PDF)
- git repository with all design files
- schematics (PDF)
- component placement (PDF)
- BOM (gnumeric)
All parts on this board are rated for full industrial temperature range (-40..85 Centigrade), although no environmental testing at extreme temperatures has been performed.
0 of 0 reviews