The icE1usb is ab E1 adapter with a USB interface. It can be used to attach to circuit-switched primary-rate E1 circuits used in traditional/legacy telecom environments.
Today, E1 circuits can primarily be found in the context of cellular networks; whether to carry A-bis back-haul, Gb over Frame Relay, A over TDM interfaces or any classic circuit SS7 signaling.
Those few other E1 adapters available on the market are typically PCI / PCIe cards, which constrains their usage to larger servers with the appropriate slots. Contrary to that, icE1usb connects via USB to the computer, allowing for use cases like
- E1 attached to a Laptop computer
- E1 attached to embedded Single Board Computers like for example Beagleboard, Raspberry Pi, Intel NUC or any other platform with a USB host controller.
The icE1usb has two physical E1 ports. However, the use of two simultaneous ports is border-line of what full-speed USB can physically do, and it only works in very specific constellations with very specific host controllers, software, etc. So in general, we now advertise it as a single-port device. If you can make the second port work for you: Great. If not: You have been warned!
Open Source Hardware
The icE1usb is 100% Open Source Hardware (OSHW). This includes
- mechanical cad files
- schematics, circuit board layout, bill of materials
- Verilog/HDL sources for the gateware
- C source code for the firmware running on the PicoRV32 softcore in the FPGA
- C source code for the (Linux) drivers on the host computer
- product page
- data sheet
- user manual
- schematics in pdf format
- wiki / bug tracker
- osmo-e1d host software
- icE1usb USB E1 interface
- USB-C to USB-A cable
There is no GPS antenna included; any standard active GPS Antenna with
male SMA connector and 3.3V bias voltage should work. sysmocom offers
Discounts available for the open source developer and hobbyist community.
0 of 0 reviews