This is a small break-out board for miniPCIe (mPCIe) type cellular / WWAN modems.
It allows you to insert a mPCIe modem from any vendor, and it will provide you with:
- mini USB socket for connection to a USB Host (like your PC/Laptop or Embedded System)
- 5V DC input for power supply (USB supply usually insufficient for a modem)
- all unused mPCIe pins on a 2.54mm break-out header
- SIM card slot for a 2FF-sized SIM, USIM or RUIM card
- three on-board SMA sockets + u.fl sockets + jumper cables for attaching Antennas with proper strain relief (as opposed to classic pigtails)
Particularly the break-out header is useful to get access to various signals exported in a non-standard fashion by some modem models, such as digital audio PCM.
The product does not include a 5V DC power supply nor a USB mini-B cable or a mPCIe modem. It is just the fully assembled PCBA as shown on the picture. Please see below product links should you want a power supply and/or USB cable included:
You can find more information about this open hardware project at https://osmocom.org/projects/mpcie-breakout
- sysmocom product page
- Data Sheet (PDF)
- git repository with all design files
- schematics (PDF)
- component placement (PDF)
- BOM (gnumeric)
All parts on this board are rated for full industrial temperatur range (-40..85 Centigrade), although no environmental testing at extreme temperatures has been performed.
If you're looking for a similar product for modems in M.2 (NGFF) form factor, pleas see the similar m2 WWAN Modem break-out board kit.
0 of 0 reviews